Many thanks to Amanda of www.ohamanda.com for hosting the Top Ten Tuesday every week. Visit her site to see all of the top tens for the week. They usually cover a variety of subjects and are very fun! My Top Ten Tuesday is the top ten Reasons Chaperoning Teens is NOT a vacation. I have spent the last twenty years working with young people and I love them. I love every minute I spend with them but trips really cannot be called vacations!
When I go on vacation,
- I have two children, not fifteen.
- I do not do plumbing repairs
- I sleep
- I do not have to worry about who is crushing on who
- I am able to make my own schedule
- I am not a wardrobe mistress, able to make repairs and supervise choices
- I am not a walking drug store, dispensing everything from advil to feminine products
- I get more than 10 minutes to shower
- I don't get to know a group of young people and be reminded again how intelligent and thoughtful this generation is
- I don't have my heart moved by watching their faith, their care for each other, and for our world.